Splatooniverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Splatooniverse

The Shared Universe of Several Fanfics Created by Fine Gentlemen (And Ladies). Stay Fresh!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pacif-Ink Rim (or something like that)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sovereign

Sovereign

Pacif-Ink Rim (or something like that) Empty
PostSubject: Pacif-Ink Rim (or something like that)   Pacif-Ink Rim (or something like that) EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 4:24 pm

So, all this talk of mechs and the like has got me thinking. Thinking about squid-kids who pilot giant robots.

So, the idea is vague at best, and practically non-existent at worst. I have little in the way of setting, and essentially nothing in the way of plot. Which is awful and great. Since I have pretty much nothing about this story other than the will and capability to possibly write it, I want to take suggestions on this.

Setting: All I know is it's going to be set in the future. Possibly an alternate future of the SU. Technology is advanced enough to build advanced robots, giant and small, capable of autonomous and piloted function.

Society: This one is really open to suggestions. Sci-fi setting, sci-fi society, but that's as far as I've gotten. I'm contemplating making it a mixed society, where Inklings and Octarians have settled their differences and live in peace and junk. But, if Inklings and Octarians still hate each other, then that could serve as a source of conflict. I don't know. Like I said, very open to suggestions.

Conflict: Once more, no clue what to do with this. Kaijus could always be a thing, because big robots and kaijus do fit together oh so well. Or, if Inklings and Octarians hate each other, that could be a thing, too. Lemme know what you guys think.

Characters: This depends on how far into the future the story is set. If it's in the near-ish future, I could include existing characters. If it's in the far future, existing characters' distant relatives could be in the story.

Also, I didn't know where else to put this, so I put it in the Timeline section. Oh well. So, yeah, that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Dread Angel

Dread Angel

PostSubject: Re: Pacif-Ink Rim (or something like that)   Pacif-Ink Rim (or something like that) EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 4:30 pm

I would say far future, that's when the tech could be advanced enough for the mechs to exist. Heck, maybe the grandchildren of the second generation (Leonidas, Hikari, etc) I like the idea of the Kaijus, and if a MUTO isn't in there I will be forced to kill you then it's okay, just a suggestion of course!
Back to top Go down
KitkattAttack

PostSubject: Re: Pacif-Ink Rim (or something like that)   Pacif-Ink Rim (or something like that) EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:53 am

Hmm...I don't know about the time lines and stuff... (course my characteres come from an alternate dimension already with a different time rate from the rest of the other stories.) But if you are going to do something like dragging everyone into a different dimension from their own whatever the conflict is would have to be something that would need all of them there and working together to deal with the conflict.
Back to top Go down
Führer Tehreign
Admin
Führer Tehreign

PostSubject: Re: Pacif-Ink Rim (or something like that)   Pacif-Ink Rim (or something like that) EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 3:00 pm

KitkattAttack wrote:
Hmm...I don't know about the time lines and stuff... (course my characteres come from an alternate dimension already with a different time rate from the rest of the other stories.) But if you are going to do something like dragging everyone into a different dimension from their own whatever the conflict is would have to be something that would need all of them there and working together to deal with the conflict.
Well, considering that this one will take place way in the future, It will mainly mean that our current OCs are probably elders/grandparents at this point.
Back to top Go down
KitkattAttack

PostSubject: Re: Pacif-Ink Rim (or something like that)   Pacif-Ink Rim (or something like that) EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 3:09 pm

Oh gosh I hope not. If that were the case then only Molly and the others from my universe would be young (around 18 or 19) I could maybe see five or ten years into the future but nothing like what you're describing.

I'm gonna have to go with this proposal either being in the recent future or in a different dimension entirely from the other dimensions. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Dread Angel

Dread Angel

PostSubject: Re: Pacif-Ink Rim (or something like that)   Pacif-Ink Rim (or something like that) EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 3:19 pm

Tehreign wrote:
KitkattAttack wrote:
Well, considering that this one will take place way in the future, It will mainly mean that our current OCs are probably elders/grandparents at this point.
Or dead.
Back to top Go down
KitkattAttack

PostSubject: Re: Pacif-Ink Rim (or something like that)   Pacif-Ink Rim (or something like that) EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 3:22 pm

Yeah...that's another reason for stating my time line opinion on this idea. Thank you Dread Angel.
Back to top Go down
Dread Angel

Dread Angel

PostSubject: Re: Pacif-Ink Rim (or something like that)   Pacif-Ink Rim (or something like that) EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 3:26 pm

KitkattAttack wrote:
Yeah...that's another reason for stating my time line opinion on this idea. Thank you Dread Angel.
ayy no problem.
Back to top Go down
KitkattAttack

PostSubject: Re: Pacif-Ink Rim (or something like that)   Pacif-Ink Rim (or something like that) EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 3:38 pm

Honestly what probably needs to happen first is determining when characters are going to meet up with the main group. Mine and Milly's characters being what comes to mind that haven't yet but my characters is probably be harder to figure that out since we'll have to figure out how they'll end up getting out of their dimension and into the one where most of the other characters are in.

The next thing that comes to mind is figuring out why they are all in the same place at the same time...there has to be a reason behind it.
Back to top Go down
Führer Tehreign
Admin
Führer Tehreign

PostSubject: Re: Pacif-Ink Rim (or something like that)   Pacif-Ink Rim (or something like that) EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 4:26 pm

KitkattAttack wrote:
Honestly what probably needs to happen first is determining when characters are going to meet up with the main group. Mine and Milly's characters being what comes to mind that haven't yet but my characters is probably be harder to figure that out since we'll have to figure out how they'll end up getting out of their dimension and into the one where most of the other characters are in.

The next thing that comes to mind is figuring out why they are all in the same place at the same time...there has to be a reason behind it.

Peace Walker, when it comes to Molly.
Bic's egg being her reason (spoilers? nah ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ).
Back to top Go down
KitkattAttack

PostSubject: Re: Pacif-Ink Rim (or something like that)   Pacif-Ink Rim (or something like that) EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 4:39 pm

Yeah...you're probably right Tehreign, (about Molly not Bic. I have very little idea what's going on with Bic.) But details still need to figure out, (potentially in private messaging between us two.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pacif-Ink Rim (or something like that)   Pacif-Ink Rim (or something like that) Empty

Back to top Go down

Pacif-Ink Rim (or something like that)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Splatooniverse :: Booyah Base :: The Great Big Book-
Jump to: